Stages of the development process
Supporting the development process requires the Career Coach to have a certain map, which allows him/her to look at individual stages of a career from different perspectives and not only his/her personal experiences. One of the most commonly used leadership development models is the Leadership Pipeline featured in the 2011 book by Charan Ram titled “Leadership Pipeline. How to Build the Leadership Powered Company”.
1. Every organization has a natural hierarchy and transitioning from one level to the next requires the leader to make significant changes we call breakthroughts („What led you to this place may not be enough and harm you in the next.”)
2. Each leadership career breakthrough requires making changes on 3 levels:
- Skills (what? How?)
- Approach to time (which perspective?)
- Priorities – values (what is most important?)
3. Breakthroughs require the leader to not only develop towards “the new” but also leave behind things which previously led him/her to success but will cease to be helpful at the next level.
Materials to download
Copyright © 2019 Kingmakers All Rights Reserved
Copying, storing in systems of information sharing or distribution of the above material in whole or in part in any form and by any means (electronic, mechanical, copying, recording or other) without the permission of Kingmakers is prohibited. Kingmakers is not in any way responsible for the actions of the user of this material. The User is solely responsible for any actions and omissions on his part, any damage resulting from the use of words or actions taken, contracts or other agreements concluded by him.